This Ofsted compliant paediatric first aid course is an appropriate course for those wanting to register with Ofsted. It is an Ofsted requirement for any child-carer registered on the Voluntary Register to hold this type of First Aid qualification and have it renewed every 3 years.
Changes to registration on the Ofsted Childcare Register
To view changes to guidance for the Early Years First Aid qualification and registration with Ofsted from September 2014, click HERE.
Key changes include:
- First Aid training providers will no longer be approved through local authorities
- Providers should be accredited through an independent awarding organisation
- The course needs to cover the full syllabus as specified by Ofsted and be fully assessed
How is the Babyem 1 day paediatric first aid course structured?
We believe candidates learn through being active! Babyem’s one day paediatric first aid course is practical, followed by an at home e-learning assessment. On competition of the home study multiple choice test candidates will be awarded the 12 hour Early Years Paediatric First Aid qualification suitable for Ofsted registration.
Paediatric First Aid course content:
• Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
• Action planning in an emergency
• Primary & secondary assessments
• Recovery position
• Infant, child and adult resuscitation(CPR )
• Infant, child and adult action for choking
• Head injuries
• Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
• Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
• Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
• Poisoning, bites and stings
• Eye, nose and ear obstructions
• Childhood conditions
• Asthma and respiratory infections
• Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Meningitis
• Epilepsy and Convulsions
Who should attend the paediatric first aid course?
This first aid course is suitable for those childcarers caring for babies and children. The course focuses on how to prevent accidents as well as how to treat them
How to book your paediatric first aid course
To book your course online click HERE. Alternatively, feel free to contact us on: 0208 986 9008 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org