Source a Maternity Nurse for Free
Babyem have a number of experienced nannies, who have recently completed our OCN London accredited Maternity Nurse qualification. We support candidates to gain work experience with families with babies 0-3 months as a trainee maternity nurse.
Number of Days
Maternity Nurses are available to work a minimum of 2 days – 5 days maximum (weekdays and weekends). Parents are welcome to have more than one candidate support them, however, each candidate only works with the family for a maximum of 5 days.
- One-off £50 agency fee to be paid to Babyem
- Parents are required to pay the candidate’s travel and food expenses (i.e. a meal deal)
- If candidates are completing a night placement we ask that the parent pays the candidates £35 per night.
Areas of Work
Supporting families during the day
- Bathing newborns
- Changing newborns
- Support with areas such as colic and reflux
- Providing support regarding breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Provide information/suggestions regarding accessing local services, i.e Sure Start Centres, Family information Service and local groups
- Support parents with implementing a sleep routine (if parents wish to do this)
- Integrating the new baby into a family where there are already children i.e. supporting with issues such as sibling rivalry
Supporting parents during the night
Are more experienced candidates are able to support parents over night. Typical duties would include:
- Settling the newborn
- Changing the baby
- Feeding the baby
All Childcarers are experienced Nannies / Childcare professionals and hold a current DBS Check, First Aid qualification and have had their references checked before being placed.
Maternity Nurses usually command up to £175 – £275 per day.
- Must have a newborn aged 0-3 months.
- We contact you to discuss your support requirements.
For more information, please contact the Babyem team on [email protected] or 0208 986 9008.
Babyem was quick to respond to my request for help and paired me up with Chantal, a fantastic maternity nurse whose knowledge and willingness to share it with me was invaluable in the difficult early days of being a new mum to twins.
I had Babyem trainee maternity nurses support me for 10 weeks following my twins’ arrival. The situation was made more complex that normal by one of my twins having a chronic illness (and needing feeding-tube assistance) in addition to chronic reflux. The range of support I had was fantastic, and it’s clear that the training offered is very thorough. I don’t know what I would have done without the support of Babyem during this difficult time as recommend them: a) if you’re a parent wishing for newborn support; b) if you’re looking to be trained by an organisation that is run by a very caring an empathetic director where you will learn lots!