CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification has been introduced to entirely replace the current Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (QCF) from September 2014. The CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) qualification sets the standards that all early years practitioners must meet to enable them to best support and promote children’s early education.
Course Details & Delivery
In order to complete the course you need to be working or volunteering in a setting. You are allocated a tutor who works with you to build a portfolio of evidence. This is made up of written tasks (which are emailed to you with all of the information you need), work products and observations in the workplace. The tutor can do telephone tutorials, 1:1 tutorials or Skype/email.
Areas of Delivery: Babyem have assessors and are able to support learners within South, South East, South West and The Midlands.
Cost of Course: £1,395 (flexible finance schemes are available, please contact 0208 986 9008 for more information)
Length of Course: The course has been assigned 486 guided learning hours and candidates are expected to take at least 18 – 24 months to complete the course, although the course can be completed in a shorter period of time.
Please note there is no set time limit for this course.
CACHE Level 3 Course Content
The Early Years Educator Qualification is structured around four themes:
Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Unit 1.1 (L/505/9300) Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
- Unit 1.2 WB (A/505/9809) Promote healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Unit 1.3 WB (M/505/9810) Support physical care routines for children
- Unit 1.4 WB (T/505/9811) Promote children’s emotional well-being
- Unit 1.5 (A/505/9812) Understand how to support children who are unwell
Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Unit 2.2 (F/505/9813) Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Unit 2.3 WB (J/505/9814) Follow legislation relating to the health and safety of children
- Unit 2.4 WB (L/505/9815) Follow legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Unit 2.5 WB (R/505/9816) Working in partnership
Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Unit 3.1 (Y/505/9817) Understand the value of play in early years
- Unit 3.2 WB (D/505/9818) Plan, lead and review play opportunities which support children’s learning and development
- Unit 3.4 WB (H/505/9819) Promote enabling play environments
- Unit 3.5 WB (Y/505/9820) Developing children’s emergent literacy skills
- Unit 3.6 WB (D/505/9821) Developing children’s emergent mathematical skills
- Unit 3.7 WB (H/505/9822) Support children’s transition to school
- Unit 3.9 WB (K/505/9823) Develop children’s cognitive skills
- Unit 3.10 WB (M/505/9824) Promote children’s speech, language and communication
- Unit 3.11 WB (A/505/9826) Promoting children’s physical development
- Unit 3.12 WB (T/505/9825) Promoting children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Unit 3.13 (F/505/9827) Support children with additional needs
- Unit 3.14 (J/505/9828) Use observation, assessment and planning to promote the development of children
- Unit 3.15 (L/505/9829) Use longitudinal studies to observe, assess and plan for children’s needs
Theme 4: Professional development
- Unit 4.1 (F/505/9830) Engage in professional development
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
- Show competence in a real work environment
Candidates need to be at least 16 years of age and currently working in a setting in a professional capacity (this can be home-based) with children between 0-5 years of age (this includes children in the Reception year of school). The work can be unpaid/voluntary as well as paid work.
For learners with no previous childcare experience it is recommended that you spend a minimum of 2 days a week in an early years setting while studying the course. All learners must spend a minimum of 350 hours in a relevant setting during the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need to have access to practical placement?
To achieve the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) candidates are required to complete a placement, which is to include a minimum of 350 placement hours.
During the placement, candidates will need support from a professional within the real work environment who will be required to complete professional development records.
During your placement you will be required to cover the following age ranges:
- 0 – 1 year 11 months (working with babies): 25
- 2 – 2 years 11 months (working with toddlers): 133
- 3 – 5 years (working with pre-school children): 192
What is an Early Years Practitioner (EYP)?
From September 2014 anybody who wishes to work as a fully qualified Early Years Practitioner will be required to complete this Early Years Educator course.
Early Years Practitioners will work in a variety of settings to care for babies and children aged from birth to five years old and have an understanding of children aged 5 – 7 years. The role of the Early Years Educator is to support children to develop, learn and prepare for school.
Learners can enrol and start the course at any time. If you require further information or wish to pay by cheque, or make a payment directly please call 0208 986 9008 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I choose Babyem as they were a recognised training provider for my Local Authority and had a good reputation within the sector. The cost of the course was reasonable, and it really helped to pay in instalments throughout the year. I was given ongoing support by the tutor, who was supportive and friendly!
Thank you Babyem!
Babyem staff are always helpful and professional! My assessor was excellent, she marked my assignments promptly offering helpful feedback.
CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
CACHE Understand How to Set Up a Home Based Childcare Service (CYPOP5)
CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Playwork