Home snacktime – Squishy salmon fishcakes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 adults and 2 children
400 g / 14 oz potatoes, cut into large dices
1 carrot, cut into small dices
200 g / 7 oz salmon fillets, skin removed
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 small leek, thinly sliced
25 g / 1 oz green beans, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
What to do?
- Cook the potatoes and carrot in boiling water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and mash them together and set the mash aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, poach the salmon in simmering water for 5 minutes until cooked through, then allow to cool. Break up the fish into flakes, taking care to ensure that there are no bones.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and fry the leek and beans for 5 minutes until tender. Stir them into the carrot and potato mash, then add the cooked salmon and the parsley to the mixture and stir again.
- Using your hands, mould the mixture into 2 large fishcakes and 2 smaller fishcakes. (or any other shape you like to make).
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the fishcakes for 5 minutes, turning once, until golden on both sides and warm through. Serve immediately with some peas.
Source: Ella’s Kitchen