Infant Allergies, Colic & Reflux Training ONLINE
This course is for those working with families with babies who are suffering from colic or reflux, and who are showing signs of lactose intolerance, cows’ milk protein allergy and other food allergies and intolerances. Reflux and cows milk allergy is often misdiagnosed and misunderstood. We want to give you the key information you need to know to better support families you are working with.
During our online Infant Allergies, Reflux and Colic Training we will teach you:
What you receive when you sign up to the Babyem online Infant Allergies, Reflux and Colic Training:
With our online infant allergies, reflux and colic training, you have the benefit of completing the course in your own time, at home, on the go, day or night.
Course highlights include:
CERP’s available for this course:
OCN Non accredited – Infant Allergies, Reflux & Colic Training Course – 6.25 L CERP’s
Who is this colic, reflux and infant allergies course for?
What’s included in the Infant Allergies, Reflux & Colic Course
- Human evolution and baby survival
- Babies and milk
- The immune system
- Infantile colic
- Reflux and regurgitation
- Lactose and lactase in the maturing gut
- Lactose, lactase and lactose intolerance
- Cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA)
- Medications and other products for colic
- Medications and other products for reflux
- Management of babies with CMPA, lactose intolerance and other allergies
- Supporting families with crying babies
- Items parents can buy
- Making informed choices about managing symptoms
What people are saying about the Online Infant Allergies, Reflux and Colic Course
“The amount of detail about the science and evidence-based information was excellent, felt like I was reading a medical journal!” Holly Larkin – Nanny, 2020
“Very Informative especially regarding Cow Milk Protein Allergy.” Beatrice Bangi – Maternity Nurse, 2020
“Informative, factual and scientific information – Best CPD I have done to date.” Abby Patterson – Nanny, 2020
“This is a topic that is so needed and there is so little evidence based research out there for parents.” Laci Tang – Nanny, 2020
OCN Level 3 Infant Allergies, Reflux & Colic Course Tutors
Course leader Shel Banks IBCLC, with contributions from Maureen Minchin
Chair of LIFIB, Infant Feeding Information Specialist and IBCLC
How much time does it take each week?
What happens when I sign up?
Will I be assessed during the course?
Can I talk to you throughout the program?
Are there any prerequisites before attending this course?
- A good level of conversational English. The course is taught in English and assignments must be completed in English.
In order to complete the online modules candidates are required to have the following in place:
- Internet access and a working email address
- Up to date internet browser such as: Google Chrome/ Internet Explorer/Safari/FireFox.
- Ability to hear audio/video via your computer
- Use of a computer to study the course – tablets and smartphones are not advisable for studying.